Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Turning Clocks Back (If We Only Really Could)




I love this picture taken some years back. If only we could return to then, when Vinny and I got along and our friend the Siamese was in better health. We even posed nicely together.

Now, Vinny is skinny, has lost weight due to hyperthyroidism and my feelings about him alternate between sympathy and regret. Polar opposites we are. He was the one to be inappropriate (ahem--one of these days I'll be more specific, but not on a Sunday) even though he has a more angelic look than I do.

We were a happy little crew and I thought I would share this photo with those of you who don't like to dig back to old posts. Vinny is featured mainly on my blog and isn't in the book. We (J.R.) has enough characters in it as it is.

Getting back to the time, remember it's "fall back." And, make sure there's someone to catch you, hehehe!

--Tom

13 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oops, I woke everyone up a bit early!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pic of you all - yes it would be nice if we actually could turn the clocks back!

The Daily Pip said...

Yep, I understand - I wish we could go back in time sometimes. We lost our dear Siamese cat after 18 years to kidney disease in 2009. Sure wish we could go back in time just for a few minutes and spend more time with her!

Your pal, Pip

Marg said...

Thanks for the reminder. We all fell right back into bed. Boy was that nice.
I would love to back in time. But we just have to keep moving forward. Take care and have a great day.

Cathy Keisha said...

An extra hour to bite and annoy the peeps. SCORE!

Forty Paws said...

Yes, too bad we can't turn back the clocks in life sometimes.

Sally wasn't impressed that Maw got up an hour later today to feed the poodins breakfast.

Luf, Us

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My human has mixed feelings about turning the clock back... she would love to have her cat before me again... but that means I wouldn't be here! For the rest, she just dyes the grays out of her hair.

Katnip Lounge said...

We would love to meet tha Cats who Came Before.
And thank them. They whipped our Mommy & Daddy into shape!

OKcats said...

Mr. Tom, I know what it is like to live with an inappropriate brother who is not perfectly healthy and quite often cranky. Our peoples still love them, but we're better off ignoring them. I like my new sister MUCH better than my old brothers. Happy Sunday!

Your friend, Fuzzy

P.S. My mom said I was supposed to say that is a very nice picture of you 3 sweeties, and it's nice for your human to have such great memories captured in the photo.

Mr Puddy said...

Old family photo always bring up the good old day and precious time :)

lupie said...

We can't turn back the clock, that's why we have memories...

{{hugs}}

Quill and Greyson said...

We answered your email, but I think it bounced back. If you did not get it let us know and we can post it in comments or something. :-)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

What sweet looking cats; thanks for blogging about them.