Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Refreshing Paws


Ahhh..trading the windowsill for the blue lagoon..

I'm still dreaming about the tropic isle that swept me away in a pirate fantasy last weekend. As you can see, I made a pretty friend during my romp and, after I found me peg leg (I'm still talking with a seafarin' accent), I decided to have a little fun and play hide and seek. Well, here she is--hiding her face, figuring I wouldn't see her. I pretended not to and found myself leaving pawprints on her belly button as I crossed over to the tiki bar.

One thing that isn't a fantasy is my Versatile Blogger Award given to me by Cathy Keisha. I am so pleased and proud to receive it. Actually, she received it first from Mariodacat and was quick to find others to share it. That was so sweet!  

Have a good weekend!

--Tom































5 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Congrats on the very nice award, you really deserve it! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

The Daily Pip said...

Congratulations on your award! It is well-deserved. Thanks for your sweet comment about my Be The Change Post about my cats. I am a cat-loving dog and my mama is a cat and dog loving person!

Your pal, Pip

Hannah and Lucy said...

We hope you have a good weekend - thank you for visiting our blog - it is lovely to meet and make new friends.

Mishkat said...

We don't like all that water, but our human thinks it looks beautiful! And many congratulations on your award - you deserve it!

Purrs from Franklin, Dobby, and Tasha

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Thanks a bunch, my friends. I have to apologize for the giant gap in the post which you all had to hurl yourselves over in order to comment. I don't know what happened, and after it happened, I didn't know what to do..I'm still new at all this blog stuff!