Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Saturday, October 1, 2022

I have finally given in.

After cajoling me with treats, ear scritches, back scratches, and coos, I have finally given in to a certain Julie Mackenzie. She has created a series of novels featuring me in a church setting. (I know, highly unlikely in real life) However, the description of Fr. Tom Fish (me) is right on the money. I am understood by the younger priest only and I'm best described as a former street cat, now parish cat of Temptation of Christ Church. I've been sanctified and it didn't hurt one bit.

Here are the books: FINE FEATHER is already out in both paperback and ebook on Amazon. It introduces all the characters and the predicaments they find themselves in. The church is headed for the tank, a man mysteriously kicks the bucket and an elderly woman, a janitor, a love interest, and a building manager are all under suspicion. So, hold onto your hat, buckle up, and make sure your funny bone is in good working order!

                                                                               


The second book is still under construction.

A totally different novel in that it involves a parishioner and his childhood friend, all grown up and after serving in the Army, they come home only to face each other's new challenges. I'm in this, too, ready with my wit and common sense. Other characters in the book previous are brought up again, so it's kinda nice to read the FEATHER book first, but it's not a have-to.

This book won't be available until probably the end of November, around Thanksgiving. We'll let you know. Meanwhile, here's the cover:




So, my friends, sorry for the long absence, but this is what we've been up to.

We'll keep you posted. Me? I'm doing fine. I just get the occasional headache after editing. 
What would the author do without me?
😃😃😃




10 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Concats, Tom!
You'll be world famous.
Yet we know it won't go to your head.

pilch92 said...

Congratulations on the book! It sounds good.

catladymac said...

We are glad to know you all areall right ! We cab't wait to see the new book !

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's terrific, big congratulations from us. We wondered where you ran off to.

meowmeowmans said...

Woot! That's so awesome, Tom! We loved Fine Feather, and are waiting with much excitement for the next one. XO

The Island Cats said...

How pawsome, Tom!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Congrats on your books, Tom! I wondered where you were and glad all is okay.

Furries said...

Congratulations on your book. We'll go check it out.

Kea said...

I hope you get this comment...I wanted to thank you so much for stopping by with words of condolence on Derry's passing. I deeply appreciate it, especially since it's been so many years since I blogged as Fuzzy Tales.

Thank you for your kindness. ♥

Kim and her angels

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

Congrats on the books!
That is great news :)