Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, July 19, 2021

Green Acres!

Hello furriends!

It's been a weird time weatherwise! Rain and more rain and then even more! It's cloudy today, but I'm not going to let that affect my mood. 

You can now call me Farmer Tom! Look at my grass crop! 


 Chomp chomp chomp chomp chomp...I would have posed with it holding a pitchfork, but we didn't have a pitchfork and I decided just to dig in.

Who knew grass could grow in the dark? The only thing I ever heard that would grow in a spooky, dark place was mushrooms. The housekeeper's always complaining about having to mow the grass outside because it grows so fast, and she's not happy. I tell her just to go out there and have a chompin' good time!

Here's me again..


Oh, yummmmm!

So, that's about it for me for today. 

I hope the coming week is a happy one!




10 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, due to the huge amount of rain that we've experienced, there are mushrooms growing everywhere outside in the yard!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Chomping Day!!!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Looks like you tom are keeping the grass in check with your teeth!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....now yur talkin grate eatz !!!! iz ya gonna share with yur sisturrz ??!!

;)

happee week a head two ewe all, bee safe N healthee ♥♥☺☺

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You have a good crop of grass, Tom. Don't go yakking it up though.

The Island Cats said...

Hey Tom. Do you yak that grass up after you eat it?

meowmeowmans said...

That grass was definitely made for chomping. Enjoy, Tom!

Smudge said...

Hey there, Tom- it sure looks like you went to town chomp, chomp chompin' away on that yummy grass!

Furries said...

Your grass looks tender and yummy.

Timmy Tomcat said...

What a grand bit of lawnscape you have to trim Tom!