Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, June 14, 2021

This 'n That

 Sorry, guys *flies into the room*

We have so much going on I don't know whether to poop or go blind...

We're waiting to hear from the vet on what's going on with me. I'm paying too much attention to my privates..and I don't mean Army, either, LOL! Anyway,  have to make light of it until we know how serious to take all this stuff.

I thought I'd do an update on everybody..

Bridget's fine, cuddles when she feels like it. Picks on me when she's in one of her moods. I think somebody said something about "tortitude." I guess that's what it is. It does try my patience though.

And, I'll have you know I do get the back end of things a lot with no comment. Hard to know where you stand under these circumstances.



Then, there's Penny. Always wants to know what I'm doing, but won't approach. Tends to hiss. The housekeeper says it's been almost a year and is keeping doors open so Penny can come forward and talk to Bridge and me. She says it's time, hissing or not.

She's not after one of us here, just a toy birdie.


Just trying to hang in.

Is it Friday yet?


10 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....heerz sum st francis' blessingz ta keep az spare....we due hope everee thingz aye oh kay

and penny; for what itz werth; eye haz been hissin mackerull now for nigh on three yeerz !!! ☺☺♥♥

sure me throatz kinda sore but hay ~~~~~~ =^..^=

The Island Cats said...

Hey Tom. I saw on FB that you’re having some pee problems. I’ve got pee problems too. I hope you feel better soon. ~Ernie

Brian's Home Blog said...

Be sure to let us know when you get an update about those privates, we hope all is okay soon.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I would prefer you to poop, you certainly don't want to go blind! I hope the vet can find out your fascination with your privates. Are you peeing properly?

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tom we hope that problem does not, Rear, into something bigger and you feel better soon. Yes we have Miss Fitz who took a long time to be near any of us and still swats Rumpy and Einie. (We all do so there is that...)
Purrs and Prayers buddy

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Hope you get things back under control soon Tom.

Eastside Cats said...

Oh dear, Tom!
They may put you on mood-meds, then you'll be happy happy happy!

catladymac said...

Sending purrayers and Power of the Paw that the vet can get to the bottom of things, Fr. Tom !

meowmeowmans said...

Thanks for catching us up, Tom. We are purring and praying that the vet checkup brings some encouraging news. XO

Catscue said...

I hope all is well with the privates Tom, sending pawsitives to your tush. Good idea to open the doors for Penny, I'm sure she'll get over the hissies. Best to Bridget and the Housekeeper and thanks for the updates.