Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, January 18, 2021

Picking on Bridget & A Trashy Joke

 Hi, friends!

Okay, raise your paw if you think I pick on Bridget too much...

Okay now, raise your paw if you think she picks on me too much...

About even? Yeah, I'll go along with that.

The latest Bridget drama is her losing weight. She's not quite ready for the runway yet, but she's dropped quite a few ounces which in the cat world, as you know, is a big step. The housekeeper has noticed a sleeker profile and I have, too. It's not like with people. You can't disguise weight with fur, although she always has looked full-bodied fluffy.

It wasn't long ago we were blaming the camera. 



Boy, didn't I have fun putting together this old pic below of Bridget as a gasbag or should I say bagpipe. Back then I got the worst grief!! She didn't meow to me for days, avoided me completely and bit me on the ears..but I recovered and so did she. 




I'll have a pic of the new lean, mean meowing machine soon. 

And this week, I'll leave you with a joke..

The trash truck arrives and the housekeeper runs out. She asks, "Am I late for the garbage?" 

Their reply: "No, hop in!"

Cheers!

Tom, Bridget, and Penny xoxoxo


10 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Tom, Bridget and Penny
MOL MOL no hop in, recently went running to put one last trash bag in our can on trash day. Luckily the trash truck was not at my house yet so I didn't have to ask that. I love bagpipes...I'm retired from N.C. State University.
On special occasions the marching band at the University would perform...the Bagpipes were last to arrive..you could feel and hear them coming at the same time.
Hugs Cecilia

Brian's Home Blog said...

Way to go Bridget! A healthy weight is a good thing sweet girl.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Poor Bridget, bagpipes indeed! No wonder you gave her the motivation to lose her curves.

meowmeowmans said...

We think it's pretty even between youj and Bridgie cracking on each other, Tom. ;)

That's great news that she's lost some weight, though!

Catscue said...

I thought the gas bag comment was a bit much until I read what the trash man said to your housekeeper - MOL!

Ivan from WMD said...

Well...while we did snicker at the Bridgpipes, it probably is a wee bit mean!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Bridget is a very pretty cat and some prefur a few extra ounces. That joke is pretty trashy Tom

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Losing weight is not easy! We'll be looking forward to seeing Bridget's new svelte look!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....sew just sayin.....furst time we haz ever standed on hind legz for that long cauz we all had both pawz UP ! :) ☺☺♥3

Furries said...

The bagpipe photo might be a little mean-spirited, but I know you truly love Bridget. Congrats to Bridget on losing a bit of weight. Hopefully she's able to keep it up.