Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, December 9, 2019

Blanket Heaven

Hi, furry folks and Happy Monday!

I can sleep just about anywhere, but I do like variety. I don't know about you, but I get tired of cat beds, even though they're made to be so soft and comfy. I like to catch a nap on a windowsill after some outdoor entertainment, on a couch or chair to be close to the housekeeper, her bed when she's resting and even the floor in a sunlit path.

The other day she was wrapped up in a blanket and after getting up and going into the kitchen, it fell to the floor. Hmmm...something different. I decided I would try it out.


When she came back and saw me wrapped up in it, I heard all kinds of aaawwwwws and how cutes! It was funny, but I'm telling you, I had the. best. rest. ever!

It's that blanket for me from now on...

Trying to stay warm at home and in heart,
Tom

12 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

A wise man said, "Cats are creatures of comfort", and you are the proof today, Tom!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I can see why you had a good rest! That blanket looks comfy cozy!

Brian's Home Blog said...

My goodness, that is one wonderful cozy!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You do look very cosy snuggled in it, and of course she couldn't disturb you.

The Island Cats said...

We love sleeping on blankets too, Tom. The mom puts blankets on our beds and we really like that.

Ivan from WMD said...

There is nothing like a good blanket, Tom!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....we can see frum heer that blankit haz YUR NAME rited all over it.... N joyz yur sleepz on it frum now on !! :) ♥♥

catladymac said...

You certainly made your point, Tom !

meowmeowmans said...

That sure does look purrfectly cozy, Tom!

Katie Isabella said...

Tom...you said it! I love blankies whereEVER they are.

Furries said...

It's nice that you had such a restorative snooze in the cozy blanket.

Timmy Tomcat said...

I zip under the blanket with dad every night in the winter. Mmmmm warm