Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, October 21, 2019

It Doesn't Get Much Better Than This!

To all my furry friends!

Happy Monday! The start of a new week and it's the week before All Hallows Eve..and what some people are calling Beggars Night. You dress up, go around to neighbors and you have to tell a joke before you get any candy..Hey, it works! Kinda like when we go outside and we go up to a house where a cat lover lives and we get a nice snack, and we don't even have to tell a joke or anything!

Anyhoo, this week I want to talk about how much I like to be pampered. It's the ultimate in sigh-tisfying pleasure for a cat with the sort of floof that needs lovin' like mine. The housekeeper gets my favorite comb and goes for the bib first, then the sides of my head, between the ears and slowly down the back. Just talking about it gives me shivers of joy!


There's a lot of fur that comes off with any combing session which usually lasts about 15 to 20 minutes,  along with cooing and head scratches from the housekeeper, the whole nine yards. Another good thing, too, is we catch those pesky mats before they catch up with me!

Hope you all have a good week and set aside some time for the person you love to spoil you by a happy brushing or combing and..let me see, something about releasing endor-fins? (but that sounds fishy to me!)

Furs furrever,
Tom

11 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

15-20 minutes, Tom? WOW! I can only get a minute or two out of any cat around here, and The PO'M usually bites the brush.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You are so right, that brushing thing is just the best and it's fun to be fussed over!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Glad you enjoy your brushing. The three living here like the brush but only for a few minutes and then they bored and run off!

Catscue Catmom said...

Oooo, that sounds so nice, enjoy your spa time handsome!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

brushing is always good bonding time!

Cathy Keisha said...

Sounds kinda erotic, Tom. I like to be brushed but not on the tummy and only occasionally on the bib.

Ivan from WMD said...

Our brushing routine: Ivan eventually bites the brush (or sometimes Mom), Izzy loves getting brushed but makes it hard for Mom to keep moving after him, and I can only tolerate about 30 seconds.

~Elliott.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....how come we never hurd bout thiz hole goin ta de nayborz N gettin treetz thing...oh kay may bee we iz knot a loud out side but still ~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

meowmeowmans said...

Brushing is the best, isn't it, Tom? Enjoy your pampering!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Wow you really do get a great spa day. I am really short furred so never really have any extra like you do. I do get scritches though

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie loves her daily brushing/pampering too!