Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Hoochie-Coochie on Gotcha Day

My Gotcha Day was this weekend and, as usual, the housekeeper went overboard.



I had so much nip, I can't be accountable for what I did or said. Someone claimed I did a crazy dance to this guy playing, but they could be exaggerating. I don't remember a thing.

What I do remember is my arrival at the rectory and online six years ago on the 7th of September.
That's what I've been told. My pocket calendar got lost somewhere along the way!

A lot of fuss, but a milestone on the best move I ever made in my entire life. It's no fun wandering the streets, not knowing where your next meal is coming from, whether you'll get chased and scared, or whether someone will actually be kind. You just never know. I ate a baby snake once, I was so hungry.

Anyway, you'll excuse me while I catch up on my sleep. I thank the Man Upstairs that this craziness only comes around once a year. As I get older, I can stand the celebrations less and less.

Have you Gotcha Days coming up? If you do, go easy on the nip and pay no attention to ladycats who promise you hearts and flowers. If you're a ladycat, just because he has a motorcycle, doesn't mean you have to kickstand your heart!


Love y'all bunches!

Tom

16 comments:

Catscue Catmom said...

Happy Gotcha Day Tom! You look like you are enjoying your nap with those cute floofy toes - enjoy!

Sherri-Ellen T-D. said...

Meow meow Friar Tom man cat...Happy Gotcha Day!! Mee too just had mee ferst Gotcah Day Seppytemburr 6th....
Oh where are mee mannerss??
Mee name iss BellaDharma an mee livesa with LadyMew aka LadyMum aka Nylabluesmum an blogs at THE Purrfect Pad! Mee came here a yeer ago an like you mee ree-latess to life on THE meen streetss!Once mee was spayed mee was put outside upss inn Wireton an had to fend fore meeself….sumtimess mee cuud get inn to where mee lived butt no one cared much 'bout mee. Then inn 2016 mee went to a Sheltur an spent 2 yeerss all bye meeself….in a room alone...with a radio. Sure mee had food an water an a blanket butt it was lonelee….Mee did go out twice to a mew home butt mee was sent back both times inn a cuppull of weeks an mee not know why.....
Then Seppytemburr 6th, 2018 this Hu'man came to see mee an 'dopted mee aftur 15 minuttss. Mee spent ferst 3 monthss inn her bedroom inn mee petbed….onlee comin out to use litterbox. Then mee came out butt mee was aggressive like a BIG cat....it was a bit touch an go butt LadyMew purrservered with mee an got mee help an Feliway nice smelly stuff an bye March wee were hangin out together...mee iss very bossy to her now...an mee trustss her furinallee…
OKay mee meowed on to much...mee wanted to say HAPPY Gotcha Day Tom an please know not all lady catss are notty!!
**purrsss** an guud wishes, BellaDharma

Dash Kitten Crew said...

You know, I believe our cats know how lucky they are just like you do. We forget their gotcher days because we love them so much every day. Every single day.

The Island Cats said...

Well, we’re sorry to hear you’re nipped out, Tom, but it sounds like you had a great Gotcha Day!

Cara n Crew said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Tom! sounds like you had some great celebrating going on. remember there is no proof without pictures :D enjoy your snooze. we love your toe floof! purrs,

minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto, TL

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Father Tom!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Awwww, that was pretty special. Happy Gotcha Day from all of us!

pilch92 said...

Happy Gotcha Day cutie!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Happy Gotcha Day, handsome!

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Awww, Happy Gotcha Day! Yes the nip can do strange things, and strangely makes folk think we do strange things – but nothing that will stand up in court anyway, MOL
Live life, eat and enjoy and be grateful for not living rough, is my moto.
Purrs
ERin

Eastside Cats said...

Tom, Happy Gotchaversary! We believe that Manny and CB were once outside kitties, 'cause of the way they paw the ground to bury their empty food bowls, and how at first they wanted to eat all of the human food. We are glad that you are settled in and happy.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Glad you had a good time!

catladymac said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Tom ! And many more !

Timmy Tomcat said...

Tom it is the best day in any cats life to have a furever home of their own. Those of us from the mean streets know deep in our hearts. Many happy returns of the day and much nip to you!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....bee lated gotcha dayz wizhez....yur day lookz total lee awesum; onlee thing mizzin waz a cargo load oh fresh catch...hope ya getted in trubull; had fun N heerz two a yeer a head filled with happeez N healtheez ♥♥♥☺☺

meowmeowmans said...

Sounds like you did some good celebrating, Tom! Happy Gotcha Day!