Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, November 26, 2018

Cruisin' With Will or I'll Never Live It Down

Happy Mancat Monday, furry folk!

It might be mancat Monday today, but I didn't feel very mancatish on Saturday when Will wanted to take his car out. Usually parked in the church parking lot and covered up to a fare-thee-well by the meticulous asp that he is, I had forgotten the embarrassment of it all. So, off we go, me sinking down in the seat with every sighting of humans or even cats for that matter.


See what I mean? Would you be caught dead in this pink marshmallowy, over-chromed, toothy grilled, poor excuse for a vehicle? The "Pink Pew" my paw!!

Anyway, it's Monday and I'm back to my normally very mancat self and all's good. The candy-coated, pink icinged, powder puff car is back under its tarp where it belongs. The next time Will gets that venturesome gleam in his eye, remind me to make myself scarce!

Recovering from dis-grace,
Tom 

8 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hey, that's really a darn nice ride!

Eastside Cats said...

Sorry, Max, but this is a rockin' vehicle! Around here in The Motor City, we appreciate ALL kinds of autos, and especially ones with groovy paint jobs and chrome!

Tamago said...

Well, you look super manly in that pink, candy-coated, sweet car :-)

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I agree completely. Very hilarious. A bit chilly for the top down isn't it?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am sure it was a head turner! If you didn't want to be seen in the pink confection, maybe you need darker shades next time.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I think those are pretty cool wheels myself!

catladymac said...

"The Pink Panther" was an older guy who used to show just such a beautiful Chevy ! You have no reason to be embarrassed riding in one of the Classic Tri-Chevys !

Maybe this is the type of car GM should go back to making !

meowmeowmans said...

We think your ride is pretty posh, Tom!