Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, September 17, 2018

I Be Nobody's Fool


Every time I get mad at the housekeeper, she redeems herself with some sappy, I-love-you-cuddles kinda stuff. I don't know what else to call it. I get treats, too, so eventually all is forgiven. What? Am I stupid? It's a game we play. Sometimes it gets completely out of hand, though.

Like with this. I decided to get really mad. I hadn't been upset with her shenanigans in awhile I realized, so I put on the furious, helpless pout I'm very good at.


Well, I got my message across and she swore she would never make fun of me again. I know that's a lie. It's also a sin, but I know she only goes to confession with Father Jack and probably makes up stuff just so we can hear him laugh all through the church when she's behind the curtain.

Oh, woe is me! What I have to put up with! This is just one example. There are many more, I assure you!

By the way, last I heard, the wanted poster went up on Facebook for all the world to see. I was shocked! I finally recovered and came up with suitable payback. I think I'll hurl on one of the dining room chairs for when her church ladies come over for lunch! I can see it now: all that happy chitchat, yack-yack, smiles and one of them sits down...hahahahaha!

Faithfully unthwarted,
Tom

12 comments:

Marg said...

Hurling sounds like the perfect payback. Good thinking. You all have a great day.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Oh good heavens! That's revenge indeed!

Eastside Cats said...

Yak on a chair; sounds like an excellent revenge!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I am pretty sure you've got the revenge thing covered!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Saw your poster, Tom! You're our kind of people! We prefer the dining tables with linen tablecloths to hurl on.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....we gotta add mit ya due look like a star in yur fotoz tho she coulda added sum MOR hearts ~~~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Sounds like you have decided on the perfect revenge.

Ivan from WMD said...

That sounds perfect to us, Tom!

The Island Cats said...

Hurling was the purrfect payback.

Lone Star Cats said...

Sounds like good revenge to me!

Cathy Keisha said...

HAH! Great revenge! You should sneak into the confessional and bite her in the leg. Then the entire church could hear her scream.

meowmeowmans said...

Oh yes, Tom! Hurling would be great payback, indeed!