Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, February 26, 2018

Heaven, An Escape and An Appetizer

Hello, boys and girls!!

The subject came up over the weekend about how much we sleep. We cats have a free ticket to enter the Land of Nod any time we feel like it. See a cat with insomnia, never. Ever think about that?

Here I am sweetly dreaming. I must say the housekeeper took a pretty good pic of me, showing my ear tufts at their best.





I looked up some quotes about sleep and was amazed at the variety of thoughts on it:

"Sleep is one of the most innocent creatures there is and a sleepless man the most guilty."
                                                                                    ~~Franz Kafka
(didn't he wake up as a bug?)

Okay..here's another:

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake." ~~Ernest Hemingway

(Ernest, we're happy you didn't sleep too much!)

and finally, I really like this one, very inspirational, hehe:

"She used to say she could taste sleep and that it was as delicious as a BLT on fresh French bread."
                                                                                  ~~Rebecca Wells

Okay, that's enough. Time to get some grub!!
Have a good day, all!

Your obedient servant and snoozer,
Tom

11 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm already ready for my next nap!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....we hope ya dreemed oh flounder perch makerull donutz ham friez sardeenz sun shine rollin in mud N eatin pizza..... ☺☺♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I wish I could sleep like a cat! Actually I just wish I could sleep for more than an hour at a time.

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

We must be careful not to sleep our lives away!

Ivan from WMD said...

"didn't he wake up as a bug?" MOL!!

You look quite peaceful indeed, Tom!

The Whiskeratti said...

Oh yes, we felines have a true, deep understanding of Sleep. Unlike many hoomins. PS: very spiffy ear tufts.

The Island Cats said...

No one has to tell us we love a good nap. :)

pilch92 said...

You do have lovely ear tufts.

Deziz World said...

We luv a good nap. Mommy says she could go along with life fallin' a[awrt when she's awake. Ifin only she could sleep as much as we kitties do. MOL Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

meowmeowmans said...

We're big fans of the snoozy here, too. We love your sleeping pic ... your ear tufts are awesome!

Hugs and headbonks!

Cindy said...

It's my favorite passtime!