Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, January 1, 2018

What's That Up Ahead?




 Another year, another wrinkle, arthritic kink and whiplash since time is going much too fast. But, enough of that. I have written a poem for you all that expresses how I feel as we gather to celebrate the unknown, 2018. (Had to get that in, cuz I'm still a little scared, even though I'm a cat priest and I have at my disposal all the holy men, holy water and good grace any one individual can stand.)





 Here goes:

The new year has arrived a little scary
And yet
Easily bracing ourselves with good will
I’ll bet
Let’s take what we felt this past Christmas
With cheer
And make 2018 a stupendous year.

Full of good food, good friends, smiles
And good times
As for me, I’ll do my best to make
Some good rhymes
Extending my wishes to all far
And near
Those furry and human that I hold
Most dear.

To catnip and roman collars, a niptini cheer!
Clinking our water bowls to a Happy New Year!


Ever holy and hearty,
Tom


12 comments:

Saku said...

Happy New Year Tom and to your beans too!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy New Year to you Father Tom and all the family.

The Island Cats said...

Happy New Year to all of you!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy New Year from all of us to all of you!

Cara n Crew said...

what a fun poem :) Happy New Year!

pip, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto, TL

meowmeowmans said...

That's a wise and wonderful poem, Father Tom. Happy New Year to you and the whole gang. Here's wishing you all (and us, too) a 2018 filled with love, joy and peace!

Summer said...

Happy 2018!

Morrie Major said...

Happy New Year Tom!
Great to sniff across your blog and looking forward to following your adventures into 2018!
Morrie :)

The Daily Pip said...

Lovely wishes and poem for 2018. We wish you and your family a lovely and joyous 2018.

Thank you for stopping by our blog today! We appreciated your visit and kind wishes!

pilch92 said...

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2018!

Maggie said...

Happy New Year Tom and family!

JennyD said...

HAPPIEST of New Years to you, Julie, Tom, Bridget, and any other furries that have found their way to your home....lucky, lucky, lucky!

Trying to get my blog rolling again after so many years of being gone; can't remember how to do a thing! Ah well, it will get better. Oh, as I type this, the tugging of paws is reminding me to say that Sam, Lucy, and my newest, Happy, are wishing you a Happy New Year, too! XOXOXO