Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Letter From the Old Country


 Just the other day my furriend Tink Soprawnov received an airmail letter from a relative in the Russian province of Ratmousendorsk. There was news from his cousin Tomishka-Shushka.

Here she is in her babushka. A very striking peasant young lady.







Her letter reads:

Dear STinker, my lucky cousin in America,

I have had my heart broken. Vladinov my boyfriend is gone. I am so sad.







Tears have been rolling down my whiskers since last Tuesday. (Gee, that mail must be quick) No flowers, no word, no Valentine.

  (I look at her closed eyes in that beautiful face. I wish I could get away with give her one of my priestly nosetaps)






 All I can do is sleep. The sleep of the depressed.

                                              Lonely and lost,
                                              Tomishka


Tink tosses the letter on the table, shrugs and walks off. 





 Look at her trying to reach out!

What can I do? All I can think of is to send her something to make her laugh.

Do you think it'll help?


--Tom

Pee ess: I want to thank my furriend Oskar for making us aware that we were on an old Blogger editor. We changed so now we can do tricks!!  And...Clooney for inspiring us with some of his relatives!

25 comments:

Clooney said...

Now theese Tomishka Shushka is very striking indeed and bears a strong resemblance to someone else I know but just can't put my paw on at the moment...Tom, I thinks that your funny face will work in the short-term to cheer her up but we should definitely consider match-making her with Cloonski Ogorki...

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Oh, poor Tomiska, what a heart breaking tail, er tale.
I think your silly face will cheer her up, it made me giggle!

Mariodacat said...

Poor Tomiska - M is going to give her a big snmoochie on her nose and I'm going to give her a famous Mario Smoochie right on the lips. SMOOCH!

Hannah and Lucy said...

Sweet Tomiska please don't cry cos you'll wet all your pretty furs. Purrhaps Vladinov has gone to look for his fortune and will come back for you.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Marg said...

Tomiska, we are so sorry to see you so sad. We are sending extra purr and some big hugs too. Just look at that silly face of Tom and that should make you smile. Have a good week end all.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Poor sweetie, we all send her hugs and smooches! Have a great weekend everyone!

The Daily Pip said...

She is a lovely girl. I am sure her prince will come. Your picture is certain to cheer her up.

Your pal, Pip

Random Felines said...

we have no doubt that your picture will cheer her up in no time...

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor little Tomishka. She shouldn't waste another tear on that bad old love-em-and-leave-em mancat! She's a luverly little babushka and she looks a lot like somebuddy I know...but I can't quite puts my paw on it.

Anyways, I'm sure you did a grrrreat job of cheering her up, Tom!

Wiggles & WAgs,
Mayzie

Angel Prancer Pie said...

If that face doesn't cheer her, well, we don't know what will! (be careful your face doesn't freeze dat way!)

The Island Cats said...

Well that face cheered us up...and we didn't even need cheering up!!

Oui Oui said...

Aw, Tomishka, a sweet and pretty babushka like you will have no problems meeting handsome mancats, you'll see. Dry your tears and all will be well!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Poor Tomushka, don't be sad. Tom's funny face is sure to bring a smile back to you.

Cara n Crew said...

hmmm...Tomishka reminds us of somecat...are you sure she isn't a cousin of yours, Tom? ;-/ We bet your silly face cheered her. We do hope her broken heart mends soon! Purrs,

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Poo, I thought the scarf would hide any resemblance she had to me. There's no fooling you guys!!

The only way Mom Julie could put what actually is the dog's scarf on my head was when I was half-asleep. Otherwise, I wouldn't stand for such foolishness, honest to Cod!!

(I do look cute in a way, tho, you have to admit.)

Purrs,
Tom aka Tomishka *..^

Tamago said...

Poor Tomishka-Shushka..what a sad letter. I'm sorry I was laughing when reading this post. "(S)Tinker" line cracked me up. LOL!
I'm sure Tom's face will cheer her up!!

Cathy Keisha said...

Gasp! You're actually a female Russian cat! Is that what I'm hearing?

HH and The Boys said...

Ohhhhhhh, such a sad story, but that face in the final picture is worth wading through the tears... That would cheer up anyone.

PEE ESSS... do you have a babbushka in a different color for every occasion? HA!

pawhugs, Max

Unknown said...

Kizzie says, "I wouldn't let my humans put a babbushka on me - it would tickle my ears. Clothes are not my thing at all, and I only just tolerate a collar".

Julia Williams said...

Hahahaha! If that didn't cheer the poor girl up, all hope is lost! =^..^=

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Poor Tomishka...oh dear we hope things are better now.
:)

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Old Kitty said...

Beautiful Tomishka!! Me and Charlie are wailing and shedding shed loads of tears for your poor broken sad heart!! We will wrap our heads with scarves and walk to Siberia with you!

Yay!
:-)

Take care
x

meowmeowmans said...

We just can't quite place it ... but Tomishka looks really familar!

We bet you managed to cheer her up, pal. :)

Gigi said...

I must look away! Your handsome face....so hideous! No, I cannot look.

On another note, Nice babushka, Tomishka.

Oskar said...

How cool I got a shout out! I hope that your Russian friend feels better soon.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar