Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Sock Sorting Saturday

Hi, Bridgie here--

Boy, did I have a surprise this morning! Mom's all ambitious and, wouldn't you know it, I had to get caught up in it! Next thing I know, she's in the sock drawer, going into shock.

"We need to pair socks! This is getting out of hand!" she shrieks. And, of course, my help is required.
Here's how it went:



Ugh!!

Socks to the left of me, socks to the right
None of them paired, it's such a fright!


There's a sock for all my colors
But none like me in sight!

Shhhh! She left the room, so I think I'm okay
Where's my Birdie? I wanna play!


Oh! What me not working?
How can that be?
Mom sneaked in and is now looking at me!


No harm done, she says.
Putting the socks away
We'll find mates for these others
Another day.


Whew!

25 comments:

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You are such a precious little helper!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I think you've got yourself a bunch out orphan socks there., probably best just to stuff then full of catnip and make toys out of then

Clooney said...

Oh Bridgie, what a cutie you are...your Birdie is camouflaged by your beautiful furs...and playing with your Birdie is way more important than matching socks, glad Mom understands this! Hope you all are well, have a wonderful Caturday!

Summer said...

Who needs matching socks anyway? ;-)

Tamago said...

Haha, matching socks can be such a hard work! I'd rather play with birdie, too :-)

Mr Puddy said...

MOL...me love da sock too !
But boy does man sock...tee...heh

Have Fun & Enjoy your weekend
You look so cute !

xoxo

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are such a cutie!

CATachresis said...

Haha! We have the same problem! I agree with Foster Kittens! :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

MOL! We didn't know socks were supposed to match either, You sure were having some fun!

The Island Cats said...

What a good helper you are, Bridgie!

Mary said...

You know, sweetie, it's actually considered stylish these days for socks not to match! But I'm sure you were a big help! :)

meowmeowmans said...

You're a good helper, Bridgie. We love how you showed Mom the importance of prioritizing! :)

Hugs!

pilch92 said...

Awwww....you look so cute playing with your toy.

Saku said...

What a pawsome sock sorter you are Bridgie! We thinks your mom should just play with you and forget the socks, MOL

Sasha. Sami, & Saku

Maggie@shelter-cats said...

Bridgie is so very pretty!
If someone sees you with miss matched socks, just blame the cat.
So nice to see you blogging again.
xxoo

Kitties Blue said...

That looks like an incredibly fun time rolling around in those socks. And just think, you get to do it again. Yippee! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Unknown said...

This post makes me want to open my sock drawer and un-organize the socks just to see what happens! Maybe tomorrow.

Layla Morgan Wilde ( Cat Wisdom 101) said...

I'd be tempted to fill the odd socks with catnip :-)

Hannah and Lucy said...

What's it matter if you take a nap because the socks don't match - we bet
the humans will soon be napping too!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are adorable! Thanks for the prayers and purrs for Maggie.~xo~

John Bellen said...

Just do what I do: buy all your socks of the same colour and style.

Thank you for commenting on Tungsten's passing. She was a beautiful creature, inside and out; your kind words help ease her loss.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

You need to throw all of those socks away and just go buy 20 pairs of the exact same pair of socks..

Anonymous said...

You're a great helper, I think the poem made it all a little easier with it :D Adorable :) Pawkisses for a sunshining day :) <3

Debra Taylor said...

You are so cute with your birdie!

And thank mom for commenting on my blog - thanks for the encouragement about Panther

Debby
homelesscatcare.blogspot.com

Debra Taylor said...

Seeing you play is so delightful!

Your birdie is precious



http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

Debby in Arizona