Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Where Is Everybody?

Hi, guys!!

Happy Mancat Monday to all of you. Here I am for my regularly scheduled program..post, haha!

I heard somewhere that this is National Answer Your Cat's Questions Day. What I want to know is where does everybody go when the ground is covered in snow?

Now, I see footprints outside, so I know we have visitors and when I see them I run all over the place, window to window to catch a glimpse. They manage just a quick hello, saying they have to keep moving to stay warm. Poor things.

I was told the chipmunks hide under the little shed that sits next to the rectory. Don't see them much at all. Squirrels run around when it gets a little warmer, chasing each other up and down trees getting rid of cabin fever and those pesky couch potato ounces. I go room to room and make up adventures, but that's for another mancat post another day.

Another question - am I allowed two? Could I invite them in? That would be fun and I promise to put all predatory thoughts on hold. Let's see what the housekeeper says..(not a snowball's chance, I'm sure.)

If any of you are outside and you see me, give a tail-up wave, won't you? We'll chat longer when the windows are open and there's no more cold and no more snow..



Til then, stay safe friends and meet me here again next week!

Ever hearty and holy,
Tom

10 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Our feral pals are still out there and we greet them all throughout the day!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....az tinee as they R....ya gotta watch out for munkz...they iz az vizshuz az squirrel !!! ☺☺♥♥

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

We cannot remember the last time we saw a chipmunk.

felinecafe

Ivan from WMD said...

Good luck with that invitation thing, Tom!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It would be nice to invite them in for dinner, wouldn't it.

The Whiskeratti said...

Oh yes, we would also love to have.. guests. But mom says no too.

Tamago said...

It would be so much fun if you get to invite the squirrels! But yeah, it may be difficult to convince your housekeeper :-)
Stay warm and safe! xo

Katie and The Katz said...

Good thing you stay in to keep warm!! Not sure what the squirrels would think if you let them in! They might not want to play...MOL.

We haz good mewz! We caughted my family and they are safe now. You can reads about that on our bloggie yesfurday. -Purrz from Chiquita.

Jans Funny Farm said...

You appear entranced looking out that window. :)

BeadedTail said...

We've never seen a chipmunk before! It's too bad they can't come inside to visit you.