Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Romeow and Juliet

Tinker here...

In honor of my Gotcha Day, I will share my version of a Shakespearean classic.

As you can see, I am perfect for the role of Romeow ~ handsome, six-pack abs at the ready, a big hunk of lovin' of a big cat (which I know you ladies love), and a darn good actor, if I say so myself. Which, of course, I just did..Here, see for yourselves:

Rrrrruffff...I mean, meow!!


Anyway, I recently starred in a play along with my beautiful Anastasia, who played Juliet. She was calling out to me.."Wherefore art thou, Romeow??"

----------------------------

I arrived right on cue, and boy was I in for a surprise. No sweet-faced, kissable lady love awaited me!


*GASP!*


Would you believe it? Listen to what she said to me...me, Romeow!!


"Who the hell are you??"

I froze. What else could I do? This was the unfriendliest Juliet I had ever seen!!!

Finally, my heart stopped pounding and I had an idea. Instead of running away, I decided to go right at her, pretend I didn't hear the insults and make her wonder if I was going to attack from underneath! Hahahahahaha!!


"YOU #$%^&*()_!!!!"

So, what can I say.. We made quick work of one of the most famous plays Shake Speare ever wrote. 

Apologies, Mr. Speare. Maybe next time, we'll find us one of the Merry Wives. 

Sounds good to me already.


32 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

OMC that was an amazing (and scary) version of Romeow and Juliet!!!

The Florida Furkids

Maggie said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Tinker! You're a handsome Romeow.
xxoo

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Tinker! After that warm reception by Anastasia, we bet you are having second thoughts about being gotchad! MOL

Random Felines said...

Happy Gotcha Day Tinker! That was a nice try, but it appears to be more "Taming of the Shrew" than "Romeo and Juliet" MOL

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Oooh...I love the feline version of Romeo & Juliet!!! Happy Gotcha Day, Tinker!

Meowers from Missouri said...

*clapping paws furiously* encore, encore!!! (Just beware of girlcats named Kate ;-) )

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Gotcha Day Tinker!!! You might want to skip the encore though!

The Island Cats said...

Well Tinker, we think you're the purrfect Romeow even if Anastasia didn't think so. Happy Gotcha Day!

GLOGIRLY said...

Perhaps this was more of a comedy of errors. ; )

Happy Gotcha Day, Tinker!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Wonderful! Encore!
Happy Gotcha Day and thanks for the much needed laugh!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We loved it Romeow errr Tinker! Happy GOtcha dear one!!

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Happy Gotcha Day! My mommy smiled, cause she was an English major back in the dark ages! Your version was better, I think!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Happy Gotcha day Tinker! We're so glad you got gotted! I think you make a very handsome Romeow!

Summer said...

Could have been worse - you could have been doing Hamlet.

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

^..^ x5 MOL......
we gurlz thinkz u makez a furry handsum Romeow!! ♥♥♥
and we ALL wish u a Wunderful Gotcha Day u Beautiful boy!

♥ xxxxxxx ♥ ^.,^ x5 + ;)

Saku said...

Happy Gotcha Day Tinker! Perhaps Anastasia hadn't time to study her role? Or maybe you woke her up from a furry good nap?

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

meowmeowmans said...

You most certainly DO make a handsome Romeow, Tinker! Happy Gotcha Day, sweet boy. We hope your day is filled with joy and love (even if the whole Romeow and Juliet thing didn't work out)! :)

Big hugs and headbonks,

Moosey, Gracie and Zoe, and Mom and Dad

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Maybe you should do Taming of the Shrew next. MOL

Mariodacat said...

Clapping g wildly...loved the play, yes it was. Not your traditional play, but I thought it had a good story line and the acting was great. Good job everyone. Pssst buddy the next time proceed with csution.and maybe woo her with a love song first or present a gift to her. Good luck

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Well done! We love your creative interpretation of the classic! Happy Gotcha Day Tinker!

Harvey Miranda and Silver said...

You are us smile even if your Juliette didn't!!

pilch92 said...

Happy Gotcha Day cutie!

Mr Puddy said...

Pawsome !!!
Happy Gotcha Day !!!! Romeow :)

Lots of love
xoxo

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha Day Tinker! Anastasia didn't seem very pleased to see you though.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

encore, encore!

Happy Gotcha Day!

Kitty Cat Chronicles said...

We like the fresh new spin you two put on a classic tail! And we have to say... what good looking kitties you are!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Happy Gotcha Day!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Kitties Blue said...

Your Juliet doesn't look very welcoming with those flattened ears. Not a very nice way to treat you on your Gotcha Day. Wishing you a happy Gotcha Day. Thanks for being part of our blog hop. XOCK from The Cat on My Head, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Dash Kitten Crew said...

We think you look amazing!!!!

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

What a grreat version of Romeo and Juliet <3

Happy belated Gotcha Day , I hope you had a purrfect day !

Deb said...

Very funny. How could she not love you.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Well it looks much like we have here with our one fair maiden passing out the hisses and whaps to any hero coming by
MOL
Timmy