Notes from a parish cat and his author Julie Mackenzie

My photo
I am Father Tom Fish, esteemed member of the religious team at Temptation of Christ Parish in the novels by author Julie Mackenzie. As to my background, I was invited into the rectory as a stray, laid on the charm, and was invited to stay, even honorarily ordained and no less spiritual than my sidekick Father Will. He dotes on me to high heaven and forgives all of my street cat proclivities, whatever the hell that means.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Tagged (or When a Church Cat Gets Feisty)




 A few days ago I was tagged by not one, but two furriends. After burning a little Lenten incense to recover from my shock, I have come up with answers to their questions, but first, I want to introduce those who had the nerve to put me on the spot kindness to include me. The first was Cathy Keisha the world's most stunning cat and the other was Sage, a wonderful west coast woofie of Sage Chronicles. I've answered their questions to the best of my ability.


 Here goes:

1. Describe yourself in 7 words.
 Only seven?

Mentally acute
Outgoing
Devout or Debonair (there was a tie)
Eloquent
Sensitive
Terrific

 2. What keeps you up at night?

I'm supposed to be up anyway but I'm not, usually. Nothing I like better in a rectory than when it's quiet, small lamps are lit and the clock in the hall is on sentry duty.

3. Who would you like to be?

First Cat or George Clooney


4. What are you wearing right now?

Well, let's see--what did I take out of my closet this morning? Polka-dotted underbritches, a top hat and tails--what the hell do you think I'm wearing? I'm a cat!

5. What scares you?

Spongebob Squarepants

6. The best and worst of blogging.

The best are all the furriends we've made. Wouldn't trade them for all the hosts and holy water in the world. The worst? Because we all keep in such close touch through the CB, it's when we hear bad news. Of course, the good part is we rally 'round someone hurt or hurting and needs our prayers and that's a good thing.

7. The last website I visited.
The joy of catnip farming. Figured I'd learn to put my polydactyl pawthumbs to good use, digging and planting seeds and such.

8. What is the one thing I would change about myself.
 Not be so absent-minded or go ahead and give in to the urge to get myself a pickup truck.



9. Slankets, yes or no?
OK, I'll bite. What's a slanket? Am I in trouble if I say yes?

Hi, there. I have a collection of slankets.

10. Say something about the dog and cat who tagged you.
They are a couple of my best furriends on the CB and, like so many others, I look forward to their posts. I've never been to Portland, Oregon, Sage, but maybe someday I'll make it out there. CK is the crown princess of my heart. (see links above).

Effurybody, have a great weekend!!

Purrs,
Tom
xx


31 comments:

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Hahaha. Good answers. And Spongebob creeps us out too!

Maine Kitties said...

Very funny Tom! I think Barney is just as scary as spongebob....however any stranger is scary to 3 out of 4 of my cats.

Fuzzy Tales said...

That was fun to read. :-)

We still have no idea what slankets are and our human doesn't care enough to Google. LOL.

Happy Friday and weekend!

Hannah and Lucy said...

Great answers Tom - we think a slanket is a blanket with sleeves.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Mariodacat said...

Loved your answers Tom. Especially the one about what you are wearing. LOVE IT!

Old Kitty said...

Me and Charlie don't know what a slanket is either! LOL! But yay for such a fun tag and fab Q&A!! Yay for the joy of catnip farming! LOL! Take care
x

The Daily Pip said...

He, he, you would be in trouble if you lived in our house - my sissy watches lots of Sponge Bob.

Your pal, Pip

Random Felines said...

good answers - we love the 7 words (and we are SURE you are very modest)

Nerissa's Life said...

You're taking up catnip farming? Please feel free to share any pointers you may learn. My peep has promised to grow me some this year but you never know with peeps... sometimes they need help... lot & lots of help. I really want this catnip thing to work out... I LOVE the nip!

Cathy Keisha said...

HAH! Those were fun answers. Nothing scares me but the thought of Sickrantorum or Mitt …

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those sure were fun answers! I hope your weekend is fun too!

The Kitties of Purring Pines said...

Good answers. We think Sponge Bob is scary too! Have a great weekend!

Marg said...

Those are such good answers. Love what you are wearing. Bet that looks good on you. Hope you have a super week end.

Unknown said...

Bwaa! Ha! Ha! Polka dot under britches, Sponge Bob Square Pants, if yous takes up Catnip ranching, can me come an be a picker? And me and Mommy LOVES our slanket! And we LOVES your answers too!
Kisses
Nellie

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

Hi! Tom, We thought you had really Great answerz..... we like da polka dot under britchez! too ....mol ^..^ If you start catnip ranching we move in by you ^..^ Fun Answerz bud!
Purrz ~ ^..^x6 +1:)xoxoxo

Cat said...

I think catnip farming is the dream job of every cat!!!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Great answers! Catnip farming? Cool!

Julia Williams said...

Hahaha, fun post!! Spongebob scares me too, MOL.

Sparkle said...

I loved your answers - especially the seven words - that was such a creative way to do it!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Loved reading your answers and they made me smile.. Hugs GJ xx

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Great post! We think you should go ahead and get yourself that pickup truck!

The Island Cats said...

We sure enjoyed reading your answers, Tom!

meowmeowmans said...

We loved your answers, Tom. And to be honest, Spongebob kind of gives us the willies, too! :)

Hugs to you and Julie (and Mitty, too)!

Katie Isabella said...

How I loved reading your m-o-d-e-s-t answers dearest Tom. xoxoxoxox

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Tom you are full of .... tomfoolery! We just love you!!

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

GLOGIRLY said...

Very fun to read about you, Tom! We like your acronym and the bit about Spongebob. Never trust a talking sponge.
; ) Katie & Glogirly

Sage said...

Great answers, Tom! I KNOW that if I saw a Spongebob coming at me I'd be scared too.

Oui Oui said...

Nice answers! We love finding out more about our friends (yes, we're nosy - we're cats)! BTW, we think Clooney should wish he looked more like you.

Tamago said...

Oh I enjoyed reading your answers!!
You'd like to be George Clooney? I understand...Mr. George Clooney the cat is so cool!
Spongebob Squarepants is kind of scary. Haha. I'm not sure why he is in the kids' show!

Unknown said...

I like how the initials of the seven words to describe you make up the word "Modest".

Clooney said...

Fantastic!...I've always wanted to be a Father...when do we swap?